Lance and Carmen Freeman, #28: 'It's About the Team'
The Freeman family's son, Blake, is a senior wide receiver/defensive back on the Catholic Central varsity football team.
Detroit Catholic Central High School students and alumni love the school, and the football parents love and support their Shamrocks. While the team played on the field, Patch went into the stands to tell the stories of the parents who help make everything possible.
Name: Lance and Carmen Freeman
Senior season: "He knows his career is coming to an end and he wants to help the team win. In order to do that they'll have to manage the team speed, because Cass Tech really surprised them last season. They'll also have to not turn the ball over," Carmen Freeman said.
How does football help a parent? "He knows it's about the team and not just about themselves. He's a very hard worker and has become very disciplined. He's learned to manage his time well and prepare for college," Carmen said.
Check out other Shamrocks in the Crowd:
- Dennis and Jody Iovan, #76: 'There's Only One Game'
- Ernie Bock, #16: Shamrocks All About Perseverance
- Heidi Prior, #46: Thinking of Sal Cipriano
- Jim Ryan, #78: It's What You Don't Do Wrong
- Lauren Hosko, #56: Always Been the Underdogs
- Linda Stuessy, #86: 'It's Been a Long Road to Ford Field'
To read more about these dedicated parents, check out the Shamrocks in the Crowd on Patch.