The multijurisdictional task force is continuing its investigation into a series of 24 known shooting incidents that occurred between Oct. 16 and Oct. 27, 2012.
Police said the man is believed to have fired a handgun at moving cars from a vehicle.
Contrary to some media reports, only three of the 24 reported incidents have occurred on I-96. The remaining incidents occurred on trunk lines and local streets. The following agencies have received reports of shooting incidents:
- Wixom Police Department – 10 incidents
- Ingham County Sheriff’s Office – 8 incidents
- Livingston County Sheriff’s Office – 3 incidents
- Oakland County Sheriff’s Office – 2 incidents
- Shiawassee County Sheriff’s Office – 1 incident
Police have received more than 2,200 tips. Approximately 1,300 came in after the FBI and ATF increased the reward to $102,000 for information leading to an arrest and conviction.
Investigators have interviewed numerous people and investigated numerous tips, but no arrest has been made.
The suspect, who remains at large, is described as a white male in his late twenties or early thirties. One witness described him as “clean-shaven.” However, police said it is possible he may change his appearance.
How the Above Map Works
The map is interactive, meaning you can zoom in, zoom out, or move it around to see all the plotted points.
Floating your cursor over one of the markers will give you the location of the shooting. Clicking on the marker will give you the date and approximate time the shooting took place.
*Shooting locations and times are approximate and were provided by the Multijurisdictional task force investigating the I-96 corridor shootings.
See More on Patch
- Woman Arrested on Charges of Marijuana Possession
- Man Drives Wrong Way on I-96 While Fleeing From Novi Police
- Novi Car Dealership Hit by Fraud Connected to Police Officer Shooting
- Updated: Novi Police Officer Involved in Shooting in Detroit
- Police May Seek 'Super Drunk' Charges Against Three Drivers Arrested in Novi