Weekend Planner: Taste of Novi, 'Alice in Wonderland,' and More
Looking for something to do this first weekend of spring? Let Patch help you plan.
What to do? Spring into these fun weekend happenings:
- Where:City of Novi Civic Center
- When: 3-6 p.m. Thursday
- Pricing: $5
- Why Go: More than 50 area restaurants and businesses will gather, offering the public samples of their food specialities and products. Door prizes will be handed out as well.
- Where: Lyon Oaks Middle School, 52251 Pontiac Trail, Wixom
- When: 7 p.m. Saturday
- Pricing: $75
- Why Go: The Novi Educational Foundation hosts its Green Gala fundraiser, with gambling, dinner, desserts, auctions, raffles, music, dancing and games.
- Where: Tipping Point Theatre
- When: 8 p.m. Thursday and Friday, 3 p.m. Saturday and 2 p.m. Sunday
- Pricing: $26-$30
- Why Go: The Tipping Point presents Fiction, a provocative drama focusing on a married pair of writers. The wife learns she has cancer and only weeks to live, so the couple share the contents of their diaries, with shocking results.
- Where: Suburban Collection Showplace
- When: 3-9 p.m. Friday, 11 a.m.-9 p.m. Saturday, and 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday
- Pricing: $8 adults, $4 children 6-14, and ages 5 and younger free; parking is $5
- Why Go: The Novi Backyard, Pool & Spa Show rolls into town, with exhibits and displays on all things pools, patios and beyond.
- Where: Hillside Middle School
- When: 10 a.m.-11 p.m. Saturday
- Pricing: Free
- Why Go: High school students from Northville and Novi will be raising funds and awareness for the American Cancer Society. Anyone touched by cancer is inivted to attend to celebrate life and survival and remember those who have been lost to cancer. Entertainment is also planned, including a 6:30 p.m. performance by the Center Stage Dancers.
- Where: Maybury Farm
- When: Tours are held 1, 2 and 3 p.m. Saturday and Sunday
- Pricing: $6, ages 2 and younger get in free
- Why Go: Head over to Maybury Farm for a fun and informative day. Take a hayride to tour the sugar bush and learn how maple syrup is made. Picks 'n' Sticks will also be there, performing country music, and check out "Brownie," the first baby llama born at the farm.
- Where: Marquis Theatre
- When: 2:30 p.m. Saturday and Sunday
- Pricing: $8.50 per person
- Why Go: The Marquis Theatre takes audiences through the looking glass, as it presents a live-action musical version of Alice in Wonderland.
- Where:Meadowbrook Commons Senior Center
- When: 4-6 p.m. Saturday
- Pricing: $7 for residents, $8.50 non-residents
- Why Go: The Novi Senior Center has fun planned for seniors, with a South of the Border theme this Saturday, with a meal and live entertainment.
- Soldier study: Learn Novi and Northville soldiers' roles in the Civil War, at a special presentation 7-8 p.m. Thursday at the Novi Public Library. Free, but registration is required. Visit www.novilibrary.org.
- Love Me Knot ... An Italian Wedding continues at Genitti's Hole In The Wall, 6:30 p.m. Saturday, $49.95 includes family-style dinner and the show.
For more weekend happenings, pay a visit to our Events page.