The beginning of fall means the beginning of flu season, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends that everyone older than 6 months get a flu shot every year.
The Oakland County Health Division also advises residents to get a flu vaccination.
“We encourage everyone to get a flu shot and reduce their risk of getting the flu this season,” said Kathy Forzley, manager/health officer of the Oakland County Health Division, in a statement. “Each year nationwide, tens of thousands of people die from the flu. Receiving a flu shot helps lower the risk of getting the flu and becoming ill.”
You can ask your physician for a flu shot, or get one in Novi at the following locations:
- CVS on 10 Mile Road
- CVS on Beck Road
- CVS on Novi Road
- CVS on 14 Mile Road
- Kroger on Grand River Avenue
- Rite Aid on 13 Mile Road
- Rite Aid on 10 Mile Road
- Sam's Club on Wixom Road
- Target on Grand River Avenue
- Walgreens on Novi Road
The Oakland County Health Division will also be offering flu shots locally on the following dates:
- Oct. 9, 3 p.m.-7 p.m. at the Walled Lake Community Center, 615 N. Pontiac Trail
- Oct. 23, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. at the Costick Center in Farmington Hills
- Nov. 2, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. at the Walled Lake Community Center, 615 N. Pontiac Trail
Learn more about flu vaccines on the CDC website.