Movie-goers can escape to the Bavarian Alps this summer at .
A painting of Konigsee, a popular tourist destination in the Bavarian Alps, is on display next to the entrance to the theater until late August.
It’s one of six pieces on display in Novi this summer as part of the Detroit Institute of Art’s Inside|Out program, which brings waterproof reproductions of masterpieces to the streets of metro Detroit communities.
Novi Patch is featuring all six of Novi’s pieces this week.
"Wex shows a couple returning from a hunting party — the affluent tourists in one boat, their 'bag' in the other," reads the placard next to the painting.
The original painting is on display at the DIA.
Novi was one of 11 cities in metro Detroit chosen to display artwork. Read more about the program and see a map of the other paintings in Novi here.
Here is Novi Patch's schedule for profiling the paintings:
- Tuesday—Self-Portrait by Vincent van Gogh
- Wednesday— by Martin Johnson Heade
- Thursday— by John-Joseph Taillasson
- Friday— by George Caleb Bingham
- Saturday—Konigsee by Willibald Wex
- Sunday—Woman in an Armchair by Pierre-Auguste Renoir