YesMichiCAN, maker of “Don’t Mess with the Mitten” apparel and accessories, has announced the launch of its new online store. Just in time for the holidays, the redesigned e-boutique makes it easier than ever to order the company’s T-shirts, hoodies, air fresheners, decals, and coffee tumblers emblazoned with the “Don’t Mess with the Mitten” logo and Michigan silhouette.
The new website was designed by Axis Cross Media of Troy and focuses on the beauty and spirit of Michigan with full-color photographs and references to the state’s most famous attractions. It reflects the Don’t Mess with the Mitten Facebook page, a community of more than 7,400 fans that showcases beautiful pictures and positive news and events in the Mitten State.
“Our company is more than what we sell,” says Terri O’Brien, co-owner of YesMichiCAN, in a statement. “We are all about promoting Michigan pride and shedding light on the wonderful people, places and opportunities in our great state.”
O’Brien and her long-time friend Lisa Burnia founded YesMichiCAN in 2009 to help out neighbors, family and friends affected by economic turmoil. A percentage of sales are dedicated to help families in the inner city of Detroit. Purchasing Don’t Mess with the Mitten products helps families in need while reinforcing the belief that MichiCAN.
“We can’t do everything but we CAN do something. One T-shirt at a time,” Burnia says.
10 reasons Don’t Mess with the Mitten products make great holiday gifts:
- Made in Michigan: YesMichiCAN is headquartered in Northville and uses all local vendors — T-shirts from Border Bros. in Plymouth, screen printing at the Identity Source in Novi and layout by Pryor Design in Ann Arbor.
- Share the Love: Products can be shipped directly to college students, enlisted military troops or Michigan transplants.
- Joe to Go: Coffee lovers will appreciate tumblers ($18.99-$23.99) that let them take their Michigan pride on the road.
- Gifts under $5: Vanilla-scented air fresheners, Euro stickers (both $3) and window decals ($3.75) make great stocking stuffers.
- Hometown Pride: Original “Don’t Mess with the Mitten” T-shirts ($24) and hoodies ($42) come in navy with white graphic lettering. They’re made of 100-percent pre-shrunk cotton and available in S, M, L, XL and XXL.
- College Spirit: Whether you’re a Spartan or Wolverine, wear your school pride on your sleeve with “Don’t Mess with the Mitten” tees and hoodies in maize-and-blue or green-and-white.
- Shop Local: Find products at Shine in Royal Oak; After the Rain in Milford; Dancing Eye Gallery in Northville; Grandpa Shorter’s Gifts in Petoskey; City Style in Berkley; All About Blue in Ann Arbor; Campus Street Sportswear in East Lansing; Lake Affect in Glen Arbor; Heart of Michigan in Howell; Down Gardens in Midland; Bed, Bath and Beyond in Michigan stores, and Nifty Things locations in Traverse City, Elk Rapids, and Alden.
- Corporate Pride: Shirts with the graphic logo “Yes, MichiCAN” are available by special order and are popular for corporate events.
- Last-minute Shopping: Order by Dec. 20 to receive gifts by Christmas in the lower 48.
- Charitable Giving: A portion of all proceeds from Don’t Mess with the Mitten products benefit the Southwest Detroit Girls’ Travel Club, dedicated to exposing young Detroiters to the beauty of Michigan.
—The above information was provided in a press release.