A "clipper" — known in weather circles as a fast-moving low pressure system out of Canada — will bring at least an inch of snow to Novi and Northville on Monday.
The snow will continue through Tuesday, when up to 2 additional inches are possible, according to the National Weather Service.
Here's the forecast, day-by-day, for the Oakland County area:
- Monday: Snow throughout the day with a light wind. 1-2 inches of snow are possible. High of 23 degrees; low of 8.
- Tuesday: More snow in the forecast: 1 to 2 inches are possible. High of 25 degrees with wind chill values as low as zero; low of 18.
- Wednesday: The sun returns, but there will still be a light wind. High of 27 degrees; low of 16.
- Thursday: Mostly cloudy with a chance of more snow. High of 33 degrees; low of 25.
- Friday: Partly sunny. High of 32 degrees; low of 16.